Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes we get so caught up with accomplishing our to-do lists that I forget to stop and be thankful for the many blessings in my life.  With that in mind, I am going to start posting what I am thankful for on Thursdays (hopefully every week!).


What I am thankful for this week:

Our Sunday School class at church has many members that are our closest friends.  Last Thursday, we all had a wonderful time having dinner together at a Mexican restaurant.  They are even sweet enough to give us a baby shower in January.

2. Happy Fall Y'all!
I love fall decor, pumpkins and pansies, even more so when they adorn our front door:


3. Yard Work
I never imagined that I would like yard work - when we first moved into our house, I used to look out the window and just hope the weeds would stop growing so I wouldn't have to pull them out by hand.  Now that I have developed an interest in gardening, I love getting out in the yard and cleaning up flowerbeds, planting new flowers, instantly seeing the fruits of my labor.  Our neighbors in the cove are even sweet enough to compliment our yard efforts!

4. Time with JD
This has been a rare Fall week because JD has been in town everyday!  We've managed not only to eat out a few meals together, but cook at home as well.  Last night, JD made his awesome fajitas that are always a fun meal - too bad I can't have a margarita!

5. Sweet Baby Kicks
At 21 weeks, I'd always thought that the baby kicking was too "internal" for it to be felt externally - but the baby was doing his/her nightly kicking the other night and JD was able to feel it!  He got pretty excited.  I feel bad I wasn't more excited when I felt it for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. No - we are going to let it be a surprise! I just hope that my Type A tendencies can hold out:)

    ReplyDelete