Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Baby Shower & 32 Week Update

First Baby Shower:

This past weekend, we had our very FIRST baby shower to celebrate Baby G's pending arrival, hosted by our Sunday School class.  Our friends, Daniel and Holly, were very gracious to volunteer their home for the festivities, and JD and I were excited to see everyone.  We couldn't believe all the nice gifts that we received, and how much thought and effort everyone put into their shower gifts.  Several of the couples made us burp cloths, diaper cakes and one even monogrammed "Simple Focus" on a baby bib for JD's company.  I am now the proud owner of my very own hospital gown, handmade as well, and it is MUCH more stylish than those ugly ones they give you at the hospital.  Baby G also has his/her own door decor for the big day.  I have to hand it to this group, I knew it would be difficult to have a shower for a surprise gender baby with no name, but they really did an excellent job equipping us with the necessities for a newborn!


Handmade burp cloths and other baby necessities:



Opening Mike and Cassie's diaper cake and Simple Focus bib:

JD wanted to wear the bib himself:

 Here is JD modeling my hospital gown from Randy and Mary.  I don't think Mary had planned on sizing it for JD:

Jennifer was constantly getting creeped out by Lila's Dora doll.  It would move on its own and say "help me":





32 Week Update:



BABY STATS
How far along: I am in my 32nd week.

How big is baby: As big as a head of lettuce, weighing around four pounds.

Total weight gain:  I have officially gained weight - three pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  I know, slow down right?  I am sure I will blow up during these last few weeks as I haven't been watching what I eat, just staying active.  I had to stop running at 31 weeks - contractions would flare up and I would have to stop.  So, just walking and weight lifting for now.

Maternity clothes: I generally wear maternity pants to work and out with friends, they are just so much more comfortable.  I still wear all my regular clothes around the house and to the gym.  I have come to the realization that my regular clothes must have been too big to begin with if most still fit at 32 weeks!

Sleep: Sleep comes and goes.  I am much more temperamental these days - the sheets and pillows have to be in just the right position, the heat can't be on too high, etc.  This pretty much leaves JD with one crummy pillow, no sheets and no heat.  Poor baby:(

Best moment of the week: Having our first baby shower - it just makes it all so much more real!  And, on the heels of that shower, we celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary!

Food cravings:  No cravings at all.  Most of the food I eat has been food I regularly consumed before the pregnancy.

Food aversions:  No food aversions either.  That was mainly first trimester stuff.

Symptoms:  Still have sensitive sinuses.  I just feel dried out all the time.  It helps not to have the heat up too high at the house.

MovementsI love feeling the baby move so much!  You can literally see my shirt move over my belly this baby is so active.  And, if I want to make the baby move for whatever reason, I can do simple little things like take deep breaths or sip water.  It does take me by surprise when there is a big flip as it usually necessitates an immediate change in my posture/sitting position.

Gender:  Unknown - waiting until the big day!

What I am looking forward to: This week - it has got to be seeing how Buddy reacts to the new baby.  Any time JD tries to talk to the baby or rub my belly, Buddy sticks his head right in there because he is so jealous.  That little beagle is going to be in for a big surprise in a few weeks!

What I miss:  I really haven't missed anything lately.  I've been blessed with such an easy pregnancy that I have just enjoyed every moment of it.  A glass of wine over the holidays would have been nice, but that time has passed and we are in full baby mode.


Next appointment: I actually went in today for the 32 week check up.  Baby's heartbeat looked good and my blood pressure, etc., all looked great.  I go back in two weeks for my 34 week checkup on Jan. 25 before we head down to Louisiana for JD's family's baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment