Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Internet Ruins Everything

The Internet ruins everything.  There, I've said it.  And I'm not the only one who agrees - an article from PC World lists ten things the Internet has killed, along with five things it hasn't.

I'd like to add one more to their list of things that the Internet has exterminated from my childhood - instantaneous gratification of contest winning.  Remember when we were younger and your favorite soda company was running a 'look under the cap' promo to see if you've won a prize?  Here's what would instantly make your day better back then:


That's right folks - there was a day that you could be an instant winner.  You could literally walk back to the cooler and grab your free soda.  Here's what you see today:


What on earth?  Who actually inputs these codes into a website?  A middle schooler with no social life?  I know, I know - first world problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment