Thursday, June 4, 2015

Why My Daughter Barks at Dolly Parton

When Nora was born, we enrolled her in Books from Birth, a partner with Dolly Parton's Imagination Library that provides a free book every month from birth to five years old.  We are thankful to have received many high-quality books that Nora loves to read.

One night, Nora was "reading" one of her books when she noticed this picture on the inside flap:


Confused, Nora looked up at me and said, "Mimi?"

I smiled and replied, "No, sweetie, that's Dolly Parton.  She's the lady that gave you this book.  Can you say Dolly?"

Nora, "Woof, woof!"

Me, laughing, "I said DoLLy, not doGGie! Can you say DoLLy?"

Nora, seeing my expression, gets louder, "WOOF! WOOF!"

Then we both collapse into giggles.  Now, she wants to do that every time we read one of the books!  Dolly, if you're reading this (and we all know you aren't!), I hope you don't mind.  We really, really love your books!


Bonus Nora-ism:

Me: Nora, can you count to three?

Nora: One, two, I poo'ed.




No comments:

Post a Comment