Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday - time to be thankful!

1. Ahhhhhh
That's my textual interpretation of a sigh of relief.  The semester is O-V-E-R.  What does that spell?  Over!  Over!  Having a baby in the middle of a semester was incredibly challenging.  Turning in this last little bit of my research was like climbing up a mountain wearing boots filled with concrete.  It wasn't my best effort.  My perfectionist self hates this.  But, my GPA has more than a little 'wiggle room' - if my efforts earn a low grade it won't derail my funding.  Here's what I'll be doing tonight:



2. Kevin is HOME!
This should really be first on the list, but I blog based on stream of consciousness.  Kevin knows that he is top of mind while he is in a war zone - thankfully the only war zone he faces these days is the traffic on I-40 instead of Afghanistan.  It was so neat to be able to introduce him to his newest niece, and of course to watch our crazy Emma get super-pumped over seeing Uncle Kevin.


3. JD
My husband is a swell guy in case you can't tell from my other blog posts.  Not only has he been super-Dad while I struggled through the rest of the semester, he has been super-husband as well.  He cancelled night meetings at a moment's notice so he could entertain Nora while I worked on my research.  He cooked meals, ok so he is actually best at picking up meals because I stopped grocery shopping for a little while, but you get the point.  He offered to be in charge of the middle of the night diaper changes when I have to get up to feed the baby.  Sometimes I let him and take advantage of a few more moments of sleep, but mostly I tell him to go back to bed.  I have to nurse Nora anyway, so there is no point in both of us getting up.  He changes his morning meeting schedule so I can get in a run before he leaves for the day.  The list goes on and on...



4. Weather
It's true - I am a summer girl.  I won't even run when it is less than 60 degrees outside.  I'd rather have to run at five in the morning because of a heat advisory than in the middle of the day when it is 58 degrees.  Call me crazy.  This weather has been beautiful and I plan on taking full advantage of it now that I am on summer vacation.


5. Nora
This silly girl is such a joy in our lives.  She is doing SO WELL with her harness.  In fact, she just had a check-up today and her doctor thinks that her hip is staying firmly in place.  We are continuing with her physical therapy and wearing the harness to ensure that everything is as it should be by June.  Orthopedic issues almost solved!  She nurses for a speedy ten minutes every four hours, and, even bigger news, our super-trooper is also sleeping through the night!  We have moved her into her room, and from 10:30 - 5, I get blissful, uninterrupted sleep.  Some people say it's too early, I say don't knock a good thing.  Seriously.  Let it be.


6. Memphis Grizzlies
In a shout out to my hometown, I am thankful that the Grizz are doing well in the playoffs.  My economic development background knows that this is a good thing for our City, my hometown pride overflows when I watch ESPN.  We plan on cheering them along on Monday night in the Forum - Go Grizz!

No comments:

Post a Comment